Saturday, January 24, 2009

It All Began When...I Began This

I do not yet fully know why I created this blog. All I know is that I created this blog. I (currently) have absolutely no intentions of publicising my blog to anyone, so if you somehow happen to stumble upon it, then I guess it is your fate :D.


This blog is so named in memory of what I used to do and the art I thrived to perfect for the glory of He who has blessed me so abundantly. It has been a year now since I had ridden – I cannot deny I miss it, but I cannot deny I was not expecting it. How long can I expect an entry-level cross-country bike, later upgraded to be used as a freeride machine, to last? I have already proven I am capable of busting my Judy fork, displacing the arrangement of the handlebar, breaking a rim axle, puncturing countless of tubes, cracking D521 rims (Mavic must have meant ‘destructible’ and not ‘downhill’ XD) and finally, my frame. The fact the bike lasted around 8 years under conditions it was not built for is somewhat astounding seeing that the frame itself was given a lifespan of 3 years.


All that said, a huge portion below displays my riding adventures with my friends and family roughly in chronological order the moment I acquired a camera; I do not think I will post that many(or even any) pictures the next time I blog.

****


This 3 were one of the earliest pics taken(and saved) by the camera.

A pedal kick up to the playground.

Wheelie dropping from the bench. Me and a friend managed the 3rd level but it was never captured on camera.
.
Endo no-footer by bro.

Who in their right mind would put a RM1500 fork on a piece of junk?

Hmm...nothing out of place from this axle, right?

Well then, think again. Yes, excessive 6 feet drops can do this to your axle. I was still freeriding until I went to the Bike Shop and(finally) discovered the axle actually broke. Thank God I did not even crash because of this.

Err, I have no name for this.

North Shore riding - the technique of riding on narrow beams and usually followed by a drop. I was known for this :D.

Freeride - a term commonly used for riders who drops high with their bike.

Alright, listen up. Approach the lip at moderate speed. Bend yourself to forward to store up potential energy. When relatively near the end, pull up and back slightly using your body as well as your hands to raise your front portion of the bike. The front of your bike should always be higher or relatively same as you touch down. Bend your body especially your knees in order to absorb some of the impact. Practise on small curbs until you get used to it before attempting bigger drops.

Flying to the Light :D.

Hmm, this pic somehow seems appropriate for a desktop background to me.

Pedal kick to the other side. The drain is wider than my frame, in addition it had to be cleared diagonally due to space constraint.

Fuiyoh! Look how high is Aaron's jump!
This guy is nothing compared to him!
Let us view them from the side. Man, he's higher than the bench!...no comment, not even half the bench.
But boys, you should always be careful whenever you attempt jumps such as these...

...or you may end up as Aaron like this XD
Let's zoom in for a closer look to etch it in your mind. :D

'Sequential' shots of a pedal kick. In high gear.

Going on...

...getting off.

Shoring down.
Dirt jumping had never been my thing.

Would you believe me if I told you this happened on a 2 feet descend?

If you look closely at the rim you can see the cracks at the spoke areas.
****

l



Finally, the clip that I started before my major exams in 2007. Been through only slight changes over the past 2 years. I know I am nothing of a pro but...I will let the verse speak for itself.

As I probably will not be riding anytime soon, this might be the first and last post about my rides for a long while. The next bike I will have would either be a dirt jumper or a trials(mod or stock) bike. Anyone care to sponsor RM3k? :D


RFG always.

No comments:

Post a Comment