Friday, December 16, 2011

The Hand of God Works Silent Wonders

Just a quick jot on what happened this night.

Each week I make it a habit of setting aside a day for praying the Rosary – a form of prayer/devotion directed towards the Blessed Virgin Mary and God, and which centres on the 4 different Mysteries depending on the day (for more information, see http://www.theholyrosary.org/). Usually I allot the Rosary for Mondays; however, I decided a bit of flavour dwelling on the other 3 Mysteries would be good, especially since I am on a semester break.

Today happened to be the day I planned to have the Rosary. The thing is, my dad came back unusually early: a little before 8pm (it is normal for him to arrive home between 12am – 2am). Usually his coming home is marked with a loud commotion from below, as he tends to put the sound system in a relatively high to near maximum volume, at least initially. There was not a night that I could recall in which I (if I am awake) could not hear whatever he is listening/watching to through the door of my bedroom. And my concentration, which is not good to begin with, drops exponentially as my brain receives and processes those audible waves transmitted from my ears. Also, due to my style of prayer, the recitation consumes quite an amount of time.

Somehow however, my dad did rev the speakers and bass connected to his laptop as he normally would this night. In fact, I could perceive little of the sounds emitting from the system. Even the TV was at the same volume I left it in the morning. This quiet miracle continued even after I finished my prayer – which took even longer than usual – with hardly any disturbance from outside my room.

Truly, this night was a blessed night.

RFG always.

No comments:

Post a Comment