Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Riding Again!

After a long while of not touching a bike, I am back riding again! My bro repaired his Kona Roast on Monday, and I kicked the pedals the moment I was finished with my exams, which was the day after (God has such great timing man, Alleluia! XD).


I found out that even after around a year of not riding, I have not completely lost all my trials and North Shore skills, although they were a bit rusty at first, especially my North Shore (cannot balance with one hand anymore T_T). I can already do a 180 degree transfer at a side by the end of today XD. Oh and freeride you may ask? Well, I am not going to drop six feet with a rigid machine which is set up for trials, has cross-country (XC) and road bike components on it, coupled together that the XC rims are already cracking and is without a seat, thank you very much XD.


The only greatest weakness I have now is endurance. After only, like, one hour or so, I started to feel quite drained already, and when I came back, muscle ache on the neck and shoulders -.-. And to think that I used to go on for more than two hours, literally mash the pedals uphill occasionally on that same bike…ah the good ol’ days.


Below are some of the pics featuring the revival of the bike =).




In any case, I thank and praise God that He allowed me the opportunity to ride again after a long break from it, and for still retaining a measure of my skills as well =). To God be all glory.


RFG always.

No comments:

Post a Comment