Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Wished Upon a Star

If my dreams were to come true…


I would be living an adventure in this as well as another world, piloting giant robots (was inspired greatly on Xenogears). I will be blessed with superhuman skills and powers, driving a gear that somehow evolves as my powers grow. In fact, I would later discover that I am one of the 3 chosen to maintain the balance of the universe, and to protect it from the one who has fallen out of the chosen.


If my dreams were to come true…


I would be the best freerider, dirtjumper, and trials/street rider. I would be flying down from helicopters, cross-switching bikes in midair, and ground-to-front-flipping up to a raised platform. I would be busy travelling around the world, entering and making videos that are mountain bike based and inspiring people in my footsteps. I will have my own custom designed bicycles, and will in later years be a prestigious bike designer myself.


If my dreams were to come true…


I would be blessed with a sudden genius in science and technology. I would first start in the IT field, developing my own hardware and software. Starting with the first production of a 10Gb RAM, I would then move on to 20Gb, 50Gb and 100Gb, all produced before my end of high school and secured so that it is impossible to take apart and reverse engineer them. Before my thirties I have my own established company, saving up for my very own island, and creating games unmatched hardware and software, and games with beautifully detailed graphics and gameplay. I will be able to instantly think up theories and built devices – such as vehicles that can accelerate 100m/s in one second, while capable of nullifying inertia caused by the acceleration and brake force, and using clean renewable energy as fuels. And finally, I will be able to prove, scientifically and mathematically, that there is a higher force governing the universe, and that is God.


But if my dreams were to come true…


I would have seen and killed many thousands of creatures, and brought sadness as well as despair to many more. I would have remained aggressive and uncouth, going as far as to upset many, including my parents, by the choice that I have to make. I would have to witness the politics of worlds and its corruptions, something that I am still not looking forward to. And I would have been away from my family and home for many months, even years for the sake of duty.


But if my dreams were to come true…


I would be constantly suffering ear problems due flying in high altitudes. Travelling a lot means not being able to meet up with schoolmates and family, and a whole lot of dealing with people, sponsors and potential sponsors. Also, I would continue to remain foul-mouthed, partially fueled by songs portraying vulgar and negative outlooks.


But if my dreams were to come true…


I would be bombarded by the intricate dealings – offers, diplomacies and ties of those who will sort me out. I would be constantly hounded and never left alone. I would be frequently bogged down by the strong retaliations the world would throw against my theories and ideas. With such intelligence, there will be bound to develop a feeling of superiority to a certain degree. And judging by my current temperament, I do not think I will be able to cope with such stress at such a young age.


But most of all, if my dreams were to come true, I would not have known these people whom I met along in this journey of life:


1) Adrian who has guided me in my journey of faith,

2) Terrence whom has added a fun and challenging experience in college life (studies, CF and lepak),

3) Melissa who (unknowingly and indirectly) set me a standard,

4) Randall and his mass = force x gravity (XD),

5) Kenrick with CF and martial arts,

6) WC whom I am able to testify to,

7) Nick and the balls and the bike. Oh, not forgetting the *ahem* with the fishie dustbin XD,

8) Kok Hoe to lepak with,

9) AL whom by dealing with taught me patience and to look at both sides of the coin without prejudice,

10) Martin and his concern for my faith growing,


And many others whom I had not named.


The dreams and fantasies are just as the shift of wind; they come and go with the passing of time. This life I am living though, it is irreplaceable and invaluable – the life that God has planned and crafted His best for me. Which is ultimately, the best.


RFG always.

No comments:

Post a Comment